Steven J. Bergeron MCSE, MCP
3506 Mayberry Landing Drive • Northport, AL 35473 • Phone: (205)492-6811
A seasoned IT professional with strong management and technical skills.
- Over 40 years Information Technology experience.
- Extensive experience in Networking, Programming, and Project Management.
- Detail-oriented multi-tasker with strong organizational skills.
- Able to work with and maintain relations with staff and clients at all levels.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
Professional Experience and Systems Projects
January 2009 – Present (5 years) Northport, AL 35473
Premium Web Design specializes in creating efficient, effective web presences for small to medium-sized businesses. Our websites are created mostly in WordPress, which is the world’s leading CMS software, and which Google loves. Additionally, our websites are responsive websites, meaning they automatically adjust to the environment from which they’re being viewed, whether its a PC, laptop, iPhone, iPad, Android phone or device. This increases the potential audience to the max for your business!
September 2003 – February 2014 (10+ years) Birmingham, AL
• Lead programmer/analyst for supporting the company’s Point-of-Sale application at 300+ company plants nationwide. Application interfaces with truck scales, kiosks, and other equipment to capture data used for billing customers, printing out a “ticket” for the truck driver, and creating a billing record. Application also interfaces with Allen-Bradley PLC’s to control asphalt mixing processes. Records are then batched at day’s end to company division, then to headquarters for consolidation. Application has over 750,000 lines of code in Delphi 4.0 and 7.0, VB 6.0, C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Lead programmer/analyst or supporting division “InfoHub’s” that use SQL Server. The InfoHub is a networked server centralized in each division of the corporation to gather sales data throughout the day. Originally used SQL Server 7.0 and Windows NT. Upgraded division servers to SQL Server and Windows Server.
• Lead programmer/analyst for company’s Vantage Point application. Vantage Point uses a data warehouse approach to serving out near real-time sales data for salesmen and managers in each division.
• Lead programmer/analyst for the company’s kiosk upgrade project. The company currently uses kiosks at selected sites to speed up the throughput of trucks at busy plants by automating truck check-in and work flow through use of proximity cards, PLC’s, traffic lights, and other I/O driven electronic equipment. Typically, the use of kiosks can significantly decrease a truck’s onsite time.
• Complies with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements, coordinating all production changes through the Change Management department.
September 2002 – September 2003 (1 year 1 month) Birmingham, AL
• Supported Delphi, VB, and VB.NET applications for Pickle Line, Annealing, and Temper Mill operations of Sheet Metal Division of U.S. Steel Fairfield Works, interfacing with Rockwell PLC’s and SQL Server databases, providing operators with control and reporting capabilities.
• Upgraded Pickle Line applications from Delphi 5.0 to Delphi 6.0 and rewrote applications to support PLC upgrade.
• Wrote ASP applications to provide user-friendly SQL Server database information queries over the Intranet for several departments within U.S. Steel to show almost real-time production information.
• Serves as backup of network administrator of Sheet Metal Division servers.
• Wrote VB application to interface existing SQL Server data with new Annealing application.
June 2002 – September 2002 (4 months) Birmingham, AL
• Supported/maintained over 200 Line of Business Operation servers running Windows NT and Windows 2000. Included installations, upgrades, repairs, and daily monitoring.
• Designed and programmed VB application to gather and report networking information on all servers (availability, disk space, hardware/software configuration, etc.)
• Supported two Citrix farms of approximately 12 Citrix servers supporting about 2000 remote and local users.
June 2001 – June 2002 (1 year 1 month) Northport, AL
• Built, installed, and implemented server with RAID array to support Citrix Metaframe, Terminal Server, and IIS services.
• Wrote an application in VB to update Outlook Personal Address Book (PAB) for users within a client’s various sites across the U.S. Used FTP to transfer changes, in a manner that was transparent to the user.
• Wrote an application in VB to facilitate attorney’s office Conservator accounting for clients.
• Managed several Cisco 2600 routers connected via Frame Relay to client’s remote sites.
• Operated Help Desk function.
September 1996 – April 2001 (4 years 8 months) Tuscaloosa, AL
• Drastically improved the company’s infrastructure and IT operations.
• Increased the server count from three to eighteen, providing more applications in support of the company’s administration and operations.
• Established a program to replace all PC’s every four years to assure the company’s information technology stayed current. Upgraded all desktop hardware and operating system, allowing company to run modern desktop software, etc.
• Upgraded the wiring topology from bus to star, increasing network availability and reliability. Network supported approximately 150 users.
• Wrote several applications in Visual Basic and Microsoft SQL Server.
• To supplement/support JD Edwards OneWorld applications.
• To send daily gasoline price changes to the internet via FTP.
• To manage the Contractors database.
• To facilitate Emergency Lookup Datasheets for material safety (including scanning the sheets)
• To print laser checks for the revenue department.
• Implemented thin-client technology with Citrix Metaframe and Terminal Server, improving remote operations within the company.
• Supervised three Information Technology personnel and several contract personnel.
September 1994 – September 1996 (2 years 1 month)Birmingham, AL
• Managed/supported a LAN with one OS/2 server, and an IBM AS/400, and 50 users.
• Wrote programs in Visual Basic to automate several manual procedures, including a program to write checks, measure customer satisfaction, and measure the accuracy of the plant’s bottle fill line, allowing the company to “fine tune” its jams and jelly production.
American Manufacturing Co.
September 1987 – September 1994 (2 years 1 month)Birmingham, AL
• Turned around a near-disaster IT operations. Company’s IT operations out of control. Worked 16-hour days for several weeks until operation under control.
• Upgraded the company’s accounting and manufacturing software, decreasing month-end processing from one and a half days to four hours, while increasing functionality and availability of critical information. Eliminated system non-availability during daytime operations.
• Wrote an application in Clipper to automate warehouse product management.
• Wrote hundreds of programs in RPG II to enhance system reporting and operation.
• Supervised three Information Systems personnel.
September 1981 – September 1987 (6 years 1 month)New Iberia, LA
- Converted the bank from outsourced to in-house operations (Jack Henry banking software), saving the bank over $200,000 annually.
- Upgraded company’s main platform from the IBM System 34 to IBM System 36.
- Reengineered the bank’s night processing, saving four hours processing time daily.
- Reengineered the bank’s check capture system, assuring that the bank never missed its cash letter deadline.
• Supervised seven Information Systems personnel.
September 1974 – September 1981 (7 years 1 month)
• Served as Chief, Data Automation for Columbus AFB, supervising 23 Air Force and government civil service personnel.
• Served as Crew Commander of a Minuteman III ICBM missile launch crew.
• Served as an instructor of Minuteman III operations crews and Chief, Error Analysis Branch.
• Served as Minuteman III Flight Commander.
• Supervised 10 officers.
Louisiana Tech University – Bachelor of Science, Mathematics – 1970-1974
Jeanerette High School – Jeanerette, LA 70544 – 1970
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – 1999. ID: 1304816